Read how CES achieved 300% reduction in shopping cart abandonment goals and 100% CSAT goals for a niche apparel retailer. More
Serving the manufacturing industry for 20 years
CES has built in-depth expertise in manufacturing processes and products required to optimize operations. Our expertise lies in Cash, Demand to Build, Forecast to Plan, Accounting to Reporting, Procure to Pay, and Contact to Resolution business processes.
CES serves manufacturing clients like you in all areas of your operations. We support your business processes as categorized below.
- Manufacturing Planning
- The building of Products (Make or Buy)
- Selling of the products
- Manage operations and finance
Planning is an essential part of every manufacturer’s life and the key to effective inventory and resource management. Even engineer-to-order and lean make-to-order manufacturers must plan for materials and resources (equipment, capacity, people/skills) to be available to satisfy customer requirements. Manufacturing planning is a coordinated process that involves the following:
- Demand management
- Master scheduling
- Material planning (MRP)
- Capacity planning, fully integrated with operational management applications, including production control, inventory management, and procurement.
Planning is all about turning customer demand, a combination of real orders and forecasted demand, into production schedules and planned purchases mapped out in time to assure that the materials, parts, and products are available when needed but only in the quantity needed and at the time required to keep the plant operating efficiently with minimal excess inventory. CES offerings in this space include:
- Forecast to Plan process assessment
- Forecast to Plan product evaluation
- Implementation of planning software – Demantra, Oracle APS & Cloud Central
The Building of Products (Make or Buy)
Manufacturing in both discrete and process industry involves production planning, production scheduling, and production completion. The manufacturing industry employs multiple scheduling options, including both forward and backward manufacturing scheduling methods.
ERP and MES applications help with production planning and scheduling process while minimizing job costs. It allows companies to record the total cost of manufacturing, including material, labor, overhead, and outside processes. It also helps create production orders from previous revisions and alternate bills of material. CES offerings in this space include:
- Assess and optimize manufacturing processes and tools
- Implement industry best practices in production planning and scheduling
- Implement Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Deploy tools to monitor and manage performance with detailed reports, including actual vs. standard/planned costs by detailed elements, such as labor, material, machine hours, tools, fixed, and variable overheads.
Selling the products
Manufacturing companies traditionally sell to OEM (Other Equipment Manufacturers) customers. However, with the digital revolution, more customers are directly interacting and ordering over the web and social media.
Manufacturing customers engage in email marketing in addition to paid retargeting, direct sales outreach, social media, marketing automation, and dynamic website content. CES offerings in this space include:
- Search engine optimization for increased internet sales
- Improved lead generation by optimizing landing pages of customer e-commerce platforms
- Implement sales force automation software, like Salesforce.com, Oracle, and SAP.
- Implement Sales platforms on the cloud
- Assess and optimize orders to cash process
- Deploy Warehouse Management Software (WMS) packages
Manage Operations and Finance
Cashflow for manufacturers can be challenging to balance with businesses facing expenses, such as rent, leases, and having to pay suppliers frequently. Funding for these costs can be difficult for manufacturing businesses primarily due to being paid on regular, but lengthy, payment terms.
Manufacturing finance offers a way for manufacturers to relieve these financial pressures by providing advance payment to cover these costs. From a long-term perspective, this helps provide financial flexibility and more potential for growth. CES offerings in this space include:
- Implement ERP software for better bookkeeping
- Assess and analyze cash flow – Integration with banks and cash position
- Improved financial reporting
- Provide better insight into manufacturing costs to reduce operational costs
Business Status and Achievements
Supplier of the year award – 2009 by Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council, MMSDC
Diamond award for best minority owned organization in MI, 2007, 2008 & 2009
Nominated for the supplier of year by Toyota Motors
ISO 9001:2008 certified
ISO 27001:2013 certified
SEI CMMI Level 5 compliance
Share your details to learn more about our offerings in this space. We will get back to you soon.
Key Contact(s)The secret of getting ahead is starting. Get in touch with our practice head/leader to initiate a productive exchange of ideas.
Krishna Gandra is the senior vice president of CES Global llc, where he is responsible for operations including presales support and delivery excellence across USA.
Amar Alur is the CEO of CES Global llc, and he is responsible for operations including presales support and delivery excellence across USA. Amar is based out of Chicago.